Saturday, November 28, 2009

BP2_2009121_RSSFeeds


[Image 1. Blogging. Retrieved from Dogpile Images.]

These are the five RSS feed I have selected:

1. eSchool News by WebAdmin@eschoolnews.com
2. Tech Savvy Educator
3. The Thinking Stick
4. Teach42
5. Edutopia

I selected eSchool News because it helps me stay informed. eSchool News covers education technology, which was created to keep educators informed of the latest news from legislation to new products. eSchool News also provides valuable resources and ideas for K-20 educators using best practices and technology to improve student learning.

The Tech Savvy Educator blog is great for discovering ways for students to use technology to enhance learning. It’s about sharing knowledge and integrating technology in the classroom. I like the video ideas. Discussions and ideas offer practical ways to integrate technology across the curriculum.

I selected The Thinking Stick due to the content of the blog. I liked the idea the blogger, Jeff Utechit, is a K-12 Technology Resource Facilitator, an educator, consultant, and presenter. I felt I could learn from his expertise. Two of his most recent blogs included topics such as “Custom Google Docs App for your school” and “Discussing Blog Design in 5th Grade.” These topics caught my attention since we learning about blogs and Google Docs in EMDTMS.

Teach42 caught my attention with their most recent blog “Mobiles to Help Learning? High School in UK says OK.” This site also discusses topics on current issues including Second Life, Digital Storytelling, Podcasting, Copyright, Social Networking – all current Web 2.0 tools that impact learning. The host of Teach42, Steve Dembo, shares his passion about finding ways for schools to adapt to the 21st century. He currently works for Discovery Education, another site that I frequent and appreciate.

Edutopia has been a favorite of mine for some time now. The core concepts of Edutopia include: Comprehensive Assessment, Integrated Studies, Project Learning, Social and Emotional Learning, Teacher Development, and Technology Integration. How can you go wrong?

1 comment:

  1. Like the pink, and the monkeys- are just too cute. You and I share a favorite Eutopia.

    ReplyDelete